Sunday, July 11, 2010

SCORE!!!

No I'm not talking about soccer. DH and daughter went to one of his favorite spots yesterday, the Thrift Store. He found me some 1/2 pint and 1/4 pint canning jars for .15 and .19 cents each.  Being the dear hubby he his, he bought all they had.

Since this is Sunday, I'm posting as absolutely sinful recipe I had yesterday.  We went to a BBQ and this was one of the desserts I HAD to partake of.  (Yes, my thighs will soon be paying for it, again.)  I don't know if it actually has a name, so I'm calling it:

Chocolate Poke Cake 
1 pkg. devil's food cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
small container of cool-whip
Heath Bar ( broken into small pieces)
Bake a 9 x 13 cake as per package directions.  Let cool for a few minutes.  Mix the milk and topping together.  Use a straw and poke several holes all through the cake.  Spread the milk/caramel mixture over the top of the cake.  When completely cooled, frost with cool-whip and sprinkle candy bars on top.  Always make this on a Saturday, because you have to repent on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment