Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 20

I made it home yesterday, went for an RA treatment last night and watched The Bacholorette  from 2 weeks ago. I'm betting she chooses Roberto.  Or maybe that is just who I would pick. 

Today, I went and picked up some produce and am going to get back to that summer canning.  The cukes that were hidden weigh about 20 lbs. each and have turned yellow.  The worms in the compost bin will love them.  I will make some bread and butter pickles and  more dills as they keep coming on.

I got several pounds of Santa Rosa plums at the produce store.  That is probably my favorite food, hands down.  They have a very short riping span, so I usually pig out during those couple of weeks when they are available.  Our Santa Rosa plum tree died, so I have to pay the $ to get them.  I am going to can some in a very light syrup to have that flavor all year long. 

We'll see what else I come up with in my canning frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment