Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 40

I've been so busy, I forgot to let myself know, this is week 40!  Our presidency is meeting at 9 am for a meeting and to make some visits  to some of the older ladies at church.  We are bringing them fresh bread and jam.  I set the sponge out yesterday afternoon.  I got up at 4:30 to read and start the dough.  Hopefully, it will all work out!

Last night, I was helping some of the young women from our church, make a basic black skirt.  Okay, it's been a while since I have sewn, but patterns changed that much?  I was helping to make a skirt with a drop waist with a gathered bottom. I remember doing something similar a looong time ago. So, when I looked at the directions, it didn't show you how to attached the front side of the drop waist.  It took right off from it being sewn on to the next step.  I guess they figure they can save money by not putting in as many drawing as they used to.  It's kind of like what is happening with our food.  Manufacturers are making it smaller, but using the same size box, so you think you're getting the same thing as before.  I really noticed it when I bought a large frozen pizza.  I took it out of the box, which hadn't changed, only to find what I would call a small pizza.  I wonder what the small pizzas look like now. My DH also mentioned that they are only putting 20 cans of soda in a case instead of 24, but charging the same price. It's a great time to learn how to make a great pizza!

1 comment: