Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Goals

One of my goals has been to read (or listen to) the top 100 all-time best books as chosen by 'real' people.  I listen to most of the books while walking my amazingly cute dog or doing mundane tasks like laundry or cleaning.  I just finished listening to Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.  In my never to be humble opinion, that is one of the worst group of characters I have ever come across.  Maybe it was because most professed to be atheists or at the very least, because Rand was. The characters had such a negative vision of life, friendship, love and just about anything else mentioned.  They could be swayed by the mere suggestion of an idea. This book was written before anti-depressants.  Too bad there wasn't a communal bowl of Prozac available.  Maybe, I found it so unbelievable because I have such strong opinions. I don't tolerate wishy-washy folks very well.  After listening to that I needed something I can enjoy.  I'm listening to Vince Flynn's American Assassin.  Mitch Rapp would have shot all the Rand characters just to get them to shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment