Friday, September 10, 2010

No Chokecherries

DH came back from foraging on the mountain with a couple of chokecherries and that was about it.  He wanted me to sample them. I did and don't ever have to eat another again after spitting out the first one! I did make it to Macey's grocery store today.  It's a local store here in Utah, we don't have them in SoCal.  I bought a couple of #10 cans that were on sale. One was butter powder (178 servings) and the other is cream soup base (42 servings).  I thought that the butter would need to be reconstituted to be used, but you actually add it to the dry ingredients instead.  I'll have to do some research to find out if I need to add additional moisture to the recipes to take the place of the butter.  The cream soup base should come in handy for making quick meals when I have to take dinner in to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment