Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garden Bounty 2011

I've been a bit busy this week.  The garden is coming along quite well.  I pulled all the onions out this week. The strawberries are coming in nicely as are the cucumbers.  DH and I ate our first tomatoes, also.  They taste so good.  The beans are coming on and the zucchini is giving us lots of tender blossom-ended zukes. I did find some zucchini that were hiding on the ground under some leaves.  Not so tender.  I also picked our first green bell pepper. Since the cukes are on, I made our first pickles of the year.

If you are wondering what my great recipe is, wonder no longer.  I cheat.
This mix is great.  Everyone loves the pickles made with this mix.  I bought four packages at Wally World for $1.97 ea.  My local Wal-Mart was out, so I had to find the packs at another store.  The directions are simple.  You dissolve the mix in vinegar and water, let it boil and then add it to your raw pack cucumbers.  It doesn't get much easier that that.  After processing for 10 minutes in a BWB.  This is what you wind up with.
One packet made seven pints and three half-pints. After a week the flavor has developed enough to eat. Open, Eat, Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. you are so good...such a great project....Millie

    ReplyDelete