Thursday, May 27, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

Okay, I'll admit I like to go to buffets so I can eat, the 'fluff desserts/salads'. There is something soothing about the light, airy texture of fluff.  I'm addicted to sweets, carbs and good chocolate, not necessarily in that order and I think fluff falls in one of those categories.  I happened to find a recipe called, "Pear Fluff" in a 1974 cookbook Kitchen Magic by Deanna Smith Sudweeks The great thing is, I usually have all the ingredients in the pantry or freezer.  Now I don't have to do over-priced buffets anymore!
Pear Fluff
Dissolve:
2 pkgs lime jell-o
2 cups boiling water
Blend in Blender:
1 qt. pears with juice
2 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients together and cool in the fridge.
Whip:
2 cups whipping cream
Add the whipped cream to the jell-o and pear mixture. Cool again.
Serves 8-10

I'm thinking 2 small jell-o boxes or one large one would do.  This would also be great with different flavors of jell-o and fresh fruit, in season.  You know it's a Utah recipe when it includes lime jell-o. :)  I also posted an alternate recipe on the Recipes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment