Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Zest, el parte dos


Remember a few posts back when I zested all those lemons for the green beans?  The beans were the hit of the party.  In case you are wondering:

Snap the ends off the green beans, clean and steam for three minutes, or to your liking.  Remove beans to a wok and saute in olive oil for 45 seconds. Remove to a bowl and toss with lemon zest and garlic salt. 

Our beans are growing nicely in the garden, so I think we'll be making a lot of this recipe.

I went to the thrift store yesterday to get ice cube trays.  Today I loaded the rest of the zest into the trays to freeze them.  When frozen, I'll pop the zest cubes into a ziploc and use as needed from the freezer.  I will also be doing the same things with other herbs we have growing, basil, dill, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment