Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Green Sauce Canning Recipe

This recipe is taken directly from Cyn @ http://creativecanning.blogspot.com/2010/11/green-sauce.html

Green Sauce
5 lbs tomatillos washed and cut into small hunks
2 lbs anaheim chili's roasted and prepared or 1 lg can roasted green chili
6 jalapenos chopped
3 large onions chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice or to taste
2 cups water
8 cloves garlic chopped
1 TBS Lawry's seasoned salt, or to taste
2 TBS Cumin or to taste

Bring all to a boil and boil covered on low for about 20 minutes. I then took my stick mixer (immersion blender) and blended all.

Pour into jars, wipe rims and I pressured this at 11 lbs for 25 minutes.

This sauce may have to have some thickening before using. I will be using it as a sauce for enchiladas and as a soup base. I really like the color and the flavor. You can add tomatoes if you want as well. If you like spicier add more jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne powder. I have made this using lime juice insted of lemon and really liked it as well. The tomatillos keep this sauce mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment