Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 33

It's Granola Monday!  I opened a #10 can of 6-grain mix and doubled the granola recipe.  I've decided I like the all maple syrup flavor best, so I buy the Kirkland bottled pure maple syrup @ Costco. I also added puffed millet and puffed wheat at the end of the cooking.  I've found that the puffed cereals get hard if you mix them in at the beginning and let them bake.  I mix the puffed cereals and dried fruits (raisins, cranberries and pineapple) in during the last ten minutes of cooking.  I add in flax seed and coconut with the six-grain mix.  It makes quite a tasty cereal and for a fraction of the cost of store bought granola. Plus I know exactly what has gone in it!

I also pulled a can of long spaghetti from the the shelves.  It's as old as my daughter! I think I will try to make spaghetti pie.  It's a comfort food and I'll be able to see if the pasta is eatable.

And I am also making whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread.  Just the usual recipe, but I added cinnamon sugar and raisins to it when I shaped the loaf.  Another experiment...while listening to Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, on my MP3 player.


No comments:

Post a Comment