Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bread Day

Okay, I was looking to make a great loaf of ww bread, that was eatable.  I tried one recipe and wound up with a 10 lb. brick.  Luckily, I did a search and found it!  My first attempt was great, so today I am trying to duplicate it.http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/wholewheatbread2

I ground the wheat in a Grain Master grinder.  I was a bit short on the wheat, and didn't want to go down to the basement to get another can, so I used some of the six-grain mix.  It was a bit tougher to put through the grinder, only because it was flat flakes and not roundish kernals.  IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure the lid to the receiving bowl is on tight...

I will preface this by saying I may have already have botched it by not measuring the yeast correctly.  I was thinking 4 1/2 Tbl. but it was really teaspons.


Let me just say the the proof is rising beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment