Saturday, March 20, 2010

I have been cooking my little fingers to the bone!  I canned chicken, sloppy joes and made granola.  I also had to cook some more wheat and make non-fat milk to go with my breakfast.  I canned mostly 1/2 pint jars.  It is enough for Chris and myself.  I canned some larger pint jars, if we need them.  I had planned on doing plain ground beef also, but it was just so much easier to make it all sloppy joes.  I have a great recipe for them that I made x4.

Sloppy Joe's                                                               
 1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
2 cubes beef bouillion
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp prepared mustard

In a skillet, brown meat with pepper & onion; pour off fat.  Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.  Serve on hamburger buns.  Refrigerate leftovers.  Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment