Thursday, March 18, 2010

Great Coleslaw Recipe

I don't know about you, but I love Kentucky Fried Chicken's coleslaw.  I get the dinner, just so I can get the side of coleslaw (and the biscuit).  Here is a copycat recipe I found somewhere:


KFC COLESLAW
* 8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
* 1/4 cup diced carrot
* 2 tablespoons minced onions
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions
Finely dice cabbage and carrots.
Place cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and add minced onions.
Using regular blade on food processor, process remaining ingredients until smooth.
Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
cook's notes: I usually just put 1/2 cup of buttermilk in place of the 1/4 cup milk & 1/4 cup buttermilk.  This time when I made the recipe, I used buttermilk powder that I bought in Utah.

I bought 10 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts today @ $1.99/lb.  I also got 9 lbs. of hamburger @ $1.49/lb.  Both were on sale, so I took advantage of it.  Why might you ask do I need 19 lbs of meat?  Because tomorrow I am going to can meat for the first time.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment