Saturday, April 24, 2010

Creamy Italian Chicken
INGREDIENTS:

4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
12 oz bowtie pasta
Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, and Italian dressing mix to crock pot. Cook on low for, oh, 6-8 hours.
An hour to thirty minutes before serving, add cream cheese to crock pot. Cook pasta.
Just before serving, mix sauce all together and shred chicken into bite-sized pieces Serve sauce over pasta.

I found this recipe and it utilizes many, if not all ingredients you probably already have.  I'm going to use frozen chicken breasts and some other kind of pasta, as I don't have bowtie on hand.  I am also halving the recipe.  I just thought of another ploy by the marketing geniuses.  Cream cheese is sold in 8 oz. packages and 3 oz. packages, so if you want to half a recipe, you either have to buy (2) 3 oz. packages or a large 8 oz. package. Hmmmm...I think cream cheese can be frozen, so buy the large and freeze the rest.  I'm going to see if they make powdered cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment